Sunday, June 15, 2008

Art City Days Celebration

The city of Springville annual Art City Days was this weekend. They always have a parade and carnival. The girls have been taking a cheer class through the high school. So they got to ride in the parade. Mya loved the cheer class. Brooklyn wasn't too excited about the whole thing. The first day she came home from class and said, Mom they made us do the splits. I think they just really wanted to be in the parade. They had a good time. After the parade we went up to my parents house and had a picnic. What more can you ask for than food, family and fun. It was really nice to spend time with everyone. It reminds me of growing up here. I have very fond memories of Art City Days especially going to my Grandma Iris's house after the parade. Throwing up from going on too many carnival rides and being scared of the carnival workers!!!! Some things never change. (the carnival workers). I can't believe how fast my kids are growing up. I remember the first time we brought Brooklyn to the parade. She was only a couple of weeks old. Now my youngest, Luke, is 4 years old. There is nothing better than a small town parade.



1 comment:

King Family said...

Aww! Luke is sooo handsome!
I can't wait to see you guys this Sunday! oh yea...guess what...they finally split our ward? Can you believe it?