Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Worth reading

"The most valuable time of the day for a family is the afternoon/evening shift. Be at the top of your game on swing shift. People are hungry, people are teachable. You feed them; that's when you serve them most. PLAN FOR SWING SHIFT, AND THEN WORK THE REST OF YOUR DAY AROUND THAT."

I read this quote on my friends blog. The quote is from the church news by Sister Beck. It really made me think of what I was doing on my "swing shift". I need to do better. We get this small window of opportunity in our children's lives to teach and mold them. My Mom was great at the "swing shift". She is pretty good at everything. What a blessing she has been in my life.

2 comments:

Asay's said...

What a great quote!!!

Cari said...

Angela - great quote. And your mom has been a blessing in my life too. BIG HUGS Auntie Cari