
I just had to share what happened a couple of days ago. It was the day after the election, the kids had just got home from school. I asked Brooklyn if she knew who had been elected president? She proceeded to tell me Obama, Brooklyn really wanted him to win, any who, what came out her mouth next was total craziness. "Mom, my friend told me at school that now Obama is president that he's going to take God out of the pledge of allegiance, that girls can marry girls and boys marry boys and that if parents don't like their kids they can kill them." WHAT!!!! Needless to say I got to talk to my 10 year old daughter about gay marriage and abortion. It was awesome.



5 comments:
yeah we have had that talk to isn;t it fun being parents? And isn't Brooklyn 10 I thought she was born just after Kelty in 98, or am I just crazy and making stuff up.
WOW. i don't think I EVER encountered something like she did - until way after high school...
WOW.
Good for you!
You are such a great MOM !! I'm so glad you had a good talk with Brooklyn. It's important!! BIG HUGS
So sad... These conversations are coming at much too young of an age. Luckily she's got you and Brandon to smooth over a bumpy road!
just had the gay marriage talk with my 7 year old. OUt of the mouth of babes!
Post a Comment