Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me...Yesterday!!


I had a wonderful birthday. On Saturday, Branden took me to dinner at the Gateway in Salt Lake. We ate at this awesome place called Thaifoon:Taste of Asia. It was so yummy!! At dinner Branden handed me a small wrapped box. It was this gorgeous ring. I was really surprised. I think he likes me?! He did have the help of Auntie Janeal. Thanks Aunt Janeal....I love it.

All in all I had a wonderful day, thanks to my family, friends, sisters and Mom. Thank you for making the effort to make my birthday wonderful. I also wanted to share one of my favorite birthday childhood memories. It would have to be my 8th birthday party. It was a surprise party that my Mom had planned. I remember thinking that was so cool. We went sleigh riding and tubing behind snowmobiles . I remember having so much fun. My most vivid memory is of Monica Paxton being pulled underneath the tube with all of our friends sitting on top of her. I'm not sure why that left such an impression.... maybe because she was screaming her head off.....It still makes me chuckle to this day. This was also the birthday that my Mom made me a new outfit to wear on my birthday to school. It was a cute zip up hoodie and skirt to match. Not to mention that same day at school I got ink from a pen all over the skirt. I don't remember my mother yelling at me. Only now as a mother can I appreciate the hard work it must have taken her to sew those clothes only to have your daughter return home from school with the skirt ruined. All of my childhood birthday's were wonderful. My mom always put so much thought into making our day special. She was truly the best Mom ever.

9 comments:

The Cope Family said...

Wonderful I am so glad that you had a great day. Beautiful ring. I love it.

Cathy Lloyd said...

Happy Birthday Angela! Aren't moms great? And sisters are the best too...and I think nieces are pretty awesome as well! :) XOXO

Riley and Steph said...

Oh my - that ring is gorgeous! I'm glad you had a good birthday! I did remember it right! I'm not sure if you got my comment on your last post! I love the childhood memory...

Kellie said...

You are right you do have the best mom ever...Oh she is my mom too. YEAH!!! Love the ring, and glad you had a great birthday even if you did make your own cake :) Luv ya

Cari said...

Love you tons sweetie!! So happy you had a great day. Your ring is beautiful!! Big Hugs -- Auntie Cari

Goodrich's said...

Happy Birthday Ang... you deserve the world. Love you and thanks for being there when I need you the most!

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday! Brandon is great. You are really lucky your family is around to help with everything. Sure miss you. I am going to call you.

King Family said...

Did you get your "singing Happy Birthday message" from us? We love you! Glad it was a good Day!

Beth said...

your trip down memory lane cracked me up! Your ring is amazing. Happy Birthday Angie!!!