Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ode to Grandma Orton ( aka Joan )


I just want to start out by saying, I have the best Mom in the world. She is such an amazing women. I love her to death. I don't understand how one women could be so wonderful. My sisters and I have this running joke with people. Once they met Joan, they wish they could have her as their Mom. So we simply tell them we are currently taking applications @ Be Joan's best friend.com . I don't know how funny it is but we seem to be entertained. But seriously who wouldn't want Joan as their BFF? So on to why I am singing Grandma's praises. A couple of weeks ago Grandma Joan made all the little girls aprons. All seven of them. The fabric and colors were so cute. The girls thought they had died and gone to heaven. By the way Grandma Joan made these in between working full time, serving in the primary presidency and making a quilt to auction off at the family reunion on the 24th of July. Just to name a couple of things that were going on. I told you she is amazing!!!!!! We love you Grandma Joan.

3 comments:

King Family said...

Hey...it looks like you fixed your blog problem on your own...you go girl!
Tell Joan I said "Hi"

Riley and Steph said...

Hey Ang - I got your blog off Camille's - I was so excited to see you have one. Your family is so cute. I hope you don't mind I added you to mine :) Your right your Mom is the bomb! These aprons are so cute - I wish I had that kind of ambition! we need to play before school. It will be nice to keep updated from your blog! Keep in Touch!

Cathy Lloyd said...

I am so dang lucky to have your mother as my sister! She is an ANGEL sister and I love her more that words can tell. I love her as a sister and best friend...just like you love her as a mom. She is AMAZING and INCREDIBLE! You know she's headed to the Celestial Kingdom don't you? :) I'm not sure I'll be there with her but I'd like to be! :) I probably should stop swearing though...